- [YES] I have added an explanation of what changes in this merge do and why we should include it?
- [YES] Does the MR contain pipeline/ helm chart related changes?
- [NA] I have updated the documentation accordingly.
- [NA] I have added tests to cover my changes.
- [NA] All new and existing tests passed.
- [YES] My code follows the code style of this project.
- [NA] I ran lint checks locally prior to submission.
What is the issue or story related to the change?
High level design:
azure_bootstrap step intermittently fails with errors similar to
urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response')). After going through the literature over internet it seems one can encounter this error if you are making bulk call to a server. This thread in stackoverflow suggests that we can use
Sessions to optimize multiple calls to same server https://stackoverflow.com/a/36783679 . The official documentation also suggests that we can get significant improvement in case of bulk calls. https://requests.readthedocs.io/en/master/user/advanced/
Change details: Making all https calls using the sessions object
Tested the scripts locally
Does this introduce a breaking change?
- [YES/NO] NO
- The changes in the MR are pipeline related. Please trigger the trusted branch pipeline on priority
- These changes might not fix the issue deterministically so don't panic if you still see failure in azure_bootstrap step :)