As described in issue: osdu/platform/data-flow/ingestion/segy-to-vds-conversion#16 (closed)
The VDS File creation fails, when the parent repository is not having a legal tag even though the Segy File is having a legal tag.
Changes made to resolve the issue:
- Read the legal while the attempt to lock the Segy File is made. It will be the ltag which is returned from the Seismic Store Lock API
- Fetch this Legal tag from Segy Import file by iterating over all data providers before VDS Creation
- Add this legal tag to connection string(if present)
- Legal tag will be then processed and converted into DMSOptions, when VDS create is called.
- Legal tag from DMS Options will then be used when attempt to Register dataset is made.
- In all the cases, wherever noticed added a warning to tell Legal tag is empty.