Skip to content

Adding terraform template for monitoring resources

Vibhuti Sharma [Microsoft] requested to merge users/Vibhuti/Dashboard into master

All Submissions:

• [YES] I have added an explanation of what changes in this merge do and why we should include it?
  • [NO] Does the MR contain pipeline/ helm chart related changes?
  • [YES] I have updated the documentation accordingly.
  • [NO] I have added tests to cover my changes.
  • [NA] All new and existing tests passed.
  • [YES] My code follows the code style of this project.
  • [NA] I ran lint checks locally prior to submission.

What is the issue or story related to the change?

High level design:

Creating a terraform template to deploy dashboard resources as discussed in this ADR.

Issue:

Gitlab Issue - here

Change details:

1. main.tf ---> Purpose is to create a resource group and fetch remote_state of central resource group, service resource group and data partition resource group.

2. appinsights-dashboard.tf ----> Uses the respective dashboard template to deploy an azure dashboard which monitors an appinsights resource. The name of this resource is obtained from remote_state of central resource group and passed as parameter to the dashboard template file.

3. dashboard_templates directory ----> Directory which will contain template files for all dashboards to be created. As part of this MR, it contains only one template file.

4. README.md ----> Steps for manual deployment

Test coverage:

No tests have been added.

Does this introduce a breaking change?

• [NO]

Pending items

To create more dashboards, upcoming MRs will contain dashboard templates and .tf files. The aim of this MR is just to create the terraform template for monitoring resources and add 1 dashboard as an example.

Reviewer request

• Please provide an ETA when you plan to review this MR. Write a comment to decline or provide an ETA.
  • Block the MR if you feel there is less testing or no details in the MR
  • Please cover the following aspects in the MR -- Coding design: <Reviewer1> -- Backward Compatibility: <Reviewer2> -- Feature Logic: <Logic design> -- <Any other context mention here> OR -- <Component 1>: <Reviewer1> -- <CosmosDB>: <Reviewer2> -- <ServiceBus> <Reviewer3> -- <Mention any other component and owner>

Other information

Edited by Vibhuti Sharma [Microsoft]

Merge request reports