[Data Flow Enrichment] Registry Service and WKS transformation
Enrichment Registry allows the registration of enrichment workflows to notification service, so they are automatically triggered whenever there is an update or new item of the specific entityType in storage or DDMS.
WKS or Well known structure is a type of enrichment that translates the raw/source data to a well known structure (WKS), so a user can search for example "Wells operated by Chevron in Eagleford" without worrying about whether the Well came from IHS or ProSource or Petrel and what the source structures looked like for the Well including the operator and the basin attribute needed for the query here.
The enrichment pipeline and registry is used to perform a set of transformations to the source data to bring it to the consumable schema for discovery ala WKS. This can include, but not limited to,
- taking multiple source entities and merging them,
- attribute renames to standard schema,
- adding missing attributes thru calculations, classification etc.,
- translating values to standard dictionary of values as in well status, field type, completion type etc.
- performing frame-of-reference conversions to homogenize them for queries
You can find details about this in the WKS documentation blog here
Additional References to OpenDES code: