Skip to content

Enable backup settings for Cosmos accounts

Vasyl Leskiv [SLB] requested to merge vl/cosmos-backup into master

Infrastructure Submissions:

• [YES] Have you added an explanation of what your changes do and why you'd like us to include them?
  • [YES] I have updated the documentation accordingly.
  • [NA] I have added tests to cover my changes.
  • [NA] All new and existing tests passed.
  • [YES] I have formatted the terraform code. (terraform fmt -recursive && go fmt ./...)

Current Behavior or Linked Issues

Adding backup setting and parametrization of backup redundancy. As default settings are just set explicitly now - there is no impact on existing envs. MR just add a possibility to change this if needed. For example this is required for specific case when the Infra deployed in Brazil (as a main region) and default Geo replication setting is automatically make a replica outside of Brazil (in US) because Brazil is a single available region in this location so Geo replication is exceptionally including US region (according to MS documentation of paired regions and backup replication). This becomes a data residency issues for clients in Brazil that don't want to store any their data outside of Brazil.

So in this case we have possibility to change replication mode and avoid data residency issues.

Does this introduce a breaking change?

• [NO]

MR Guildelines

• Paste TF Plan for the MR.
  • Pre-Merge pipeline should be run before merging. (Azure team)
  • Does the module exists for new resource.
  • Is there a new variable added in the MR. (Don’t use library variables and use locals)

Other information

Edited by Vasyl Leskiv [SLB]

Merge request reports