New Service Bus topic subscribing to Event Grid Topic for WKS
- Feature Request
- Bug Report
Why is this change needed? WKS service consumes the storage record changed notification via Service Bus R2. When we move to R3 infrastructure, we will have to make WKS consume from Service Bus R3. This change will have to make sure for all the environments, no notifications are lost. All notifications from SB R3 and SB R2 should be consumed by WKS, in all environments. To prevent that, we can make WKS consume from Service Bus R3 before it gets in production.
Current behavior Storage publishes to Service Bus R2 and WKS has a subscriber listening to the notifications.
Introduction of Service Bus R3 in the following fashion
The above can be broken down into the following tasks.
- Service Bus topic will be created.
- Service Bus topic will subscribe to Event Grid topic.
- Service bus topic will have a subscriber which WKS will listen to.
To be discussed:
- TTL for messages, DLQ, and other characteristics of the Service bus Topic.
- Any special permissions/roles to be granted.