Updating Factory Implementations for Client generation using Key vault Credentials
- [YES] I have added an explanation of what changes in this merge do and why we should include it?
- [YES] I have updated the documentation accordingly.
- [YES] I have added tests to cover my changes.
- [YES] All new and existing tests passed.
- [YES] My code follows the code style of this project.
- [YES] I ran lint checks locally prior to submission.
What is the issue or story related to the change?
Currently we are using MSI to connect with Azure Resources in Data Partition, which requires appropriate role assignments of Service Principal and Managed Identities over the respective Azure resources
As of now the DefaultAzureCredential class is getting used to generate AD Tokens for Authenticating to Azure Resources
This change is updating Factory Implementations for Client Generation using KeyVault Credentials
Storage Account Blob Clients & Service Bus Topic Clients are getting initialized using DefaultAzureCredential and corresponding implementation using Keyvault Credentials is introduced in the change
The change is under feature flag and can be controlled via the property
- By default the existing set up of MSI will continue to work as
matchIfMissingproperty is set to
- This property has to be set to
falseto use the clients using KeyVault Credentials
- Services willing to use clients with KeyVault Credentials should set
The change has been tested by including this version of core-lib-azure in Schema, Storage & WKS service locally
Does this introduce a breaking change?
- Please provide an ETA when you plan to review this MR. Write a comment to decline or provide an ETA.
- Block the MR if you feel there is less testing or no details in the MR
- Please cover the following aspects in the MR -- Coding design: <Reviewer1> -- Backward Compatibility: <Reviewer2> -- Feature Logic: <Logic design> -- <Any other context mention here> OR -- <Component 1>: <Reviewer1> -- <CosmosDB>: <Reviewer2> -- <ServiceBus> <Reviewer3> -- <Mention any other component and owner>