Elasticsearch version upgrade
- Elastic Server: 6.8.1
- Elastic Client version(OSDU Indexer service): 6.6.1
Proposed Version upgrade
- Elastic Server: 7
- Elastic Client version(OSDU Indexer service): 7
we need to upgrade the client and elastic server version, this would require the following changes...
- Update the Indexer service, code change + lib version upgrade.
- Upgraded Elastic server in all clouds(AWS, Azure, Google, and IBM..etc).
- MRs for Indexer and Search service changes are created and published
- New version of Elastic Search JDK 7.8.1
CSPs needs to plan migration of indexes on a new version of Elastic. There are several options:
- Move indexes from instance Elastic 6 to instance of Elastic 7
- Reload data
- Do reindex
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information