Establish outbound security notification channel for OSDU
If the OSDU team discovers a security issue that needs to be diseminated to operators/users of OSDU there needs to be an unambiguous and dedicated channel for that kind of notification. Typically this is done through a security alert mailing list of some kind that operators can subscribe to.
Definition of Done
- An email list is established with a reputable, reliable mailing list provider (one that has a good reputation and is unlikely to be marked as spam)
- Outsiders can sign up for alerts on this mailing list and will receive the emails
- People from the OMC and PMC can send emails to this mailing list as required
- The email list is published widely on the web site and in materials distributed with the code
- Participating member firms have at least one member subscribed to this mailing list