[OSDU Data Flow] Governance Model
Project Governance is based on meritocracy and contribution. For Release 3, contribution is largely provided by the following companies (alphabetical) at roughly equal levels of commitment and thus represents the voting block for the project.
The following are our voting committers for significant decisions:
- Amazon Web Services
- Schlumberger (initial contributor of the core services)
The makeup of the voting committers will evolve over time if the investment model changes.
To create scale in the project, we also have Maintainer Committers who are granted authority
- to submit and approve changes to the master branch.
- vet and approve new contributors (developers) on the project
These Committers are
- Members of the OSDU Forum
- selected according to the PMC Committer model
- are chosen by other committers based purely on merit
- identified by their maintainer status in the GitLab System Group
Anyone can ask to contribute to the project as a GitLab "developer" whether they are members of the OSDU Forum or not. However, since developer status in GitLab carries permissions; each developer will have to be vetted and approved by one of the committers.