- Provides Project Management for all Software projects to assure coherency for each release
- All technical issues including complete decision making and approval of all OSDU releases that do not impact the Standard
- Works with the OSDU Standards Committees and OMC for releases reflecting a change in the Standard (Major). These releases will be subject to approval by the OSDU Focal Points.
- Creation of new projects with clearly defined scope with OMC approval
- Adopt an agile approach; the PMC shall define "sprints" driven by release schedule
- Composed of all Software Project Managers (one/Project).
- Headed by a PMC Leader appointed by the OMC (may be a Project Manager).
- PMC Leader to be Schlumberger nominee for first 2 years: OpenDES elements are best understood by SLB person. Deputy-Leader to be nominated from another major contributor
- Simple majority (1 member: 1 vote) within the scope of the PMC
- Escalates issues that cannot be addressed within the PMC to OMC Leader for voting by the OMC