File service - incorporate Delivery service functionality
- Under review
Context & Scope
The Delivery service was intended as a general-purpose delivery mechanism for OSDU assets; in R2, the only assets being delivered are files.
The proposal is to incorporate the additional file delivery methods required into the File service, and push a more general Delivery service to R3.
- Add a method to the FileService to retrieve the signedURL for a Manifest file, postponing the need for a Delivery Service until R3 or beyond when processing non-file based data, and simplifying the client application calls
- Originally the unsigned to signedURL conversion was supposed to be in the Delivery service.
- Gap fit on this use case
- Test according to the definition of done (Write test cases)
- Add a user story to the project ADO
When to revisit
Tradeoff Analysis - Input to decision
Alternatives and implications
Implement Delivery service as designed
- More complex implementation
- More future-proof, gets us closer to R3
Postpone Delivery service to R3, and include file delivery requirements in File Service
- Simpler implementation
- More complex File service which includes methods which aren't required by some services (eg. Ingestion)